Spring Drama Rehearsals Begin

Photo courtesy of Krishiv Malhotra

Rehearsals are underway for Mount Greylock’s student-led Spring Drama, which will perform at the school on May 16-18.

Unlike past years, the play, Lights Off, is written and directed entirely by students – senior Quin Repetto and sophomore Frankie Evans 

Written over the summer by the two students, it’s comedic, dramatic and has many plot twists. Lights Off is written to incorporate the entire cast rather than a few main roles.

The show, which takes place in a manor, opens with the death of Rutherford, a British nobleman, during his birthday dinner. The story is told through the perspective of Constable Audrey Barnes, a police officer, rather than the typical detective lead in a classic “whodunit” murder mystery. 

Describing the production, Evans said, “It’s kind of a tech-heavy show, so it’s a little ambitious, but we’re really excited to get working on it.” 

As for writing the piece, Repetto said, “We started working on it at the end of last year, and more over the summer… we were pressured for time to finish it, and ended up splitting the scenes.” They added, “We then had a read through and made some major edits.” 

Stage manager and senior Grace Winters and psychology teacher and advisor Thomas Ostheimer have been helping with the production as well. 

According to Winters, she helps with “finding props, and then logistically what’s needed to put on the show… [such as lighting].”  

“It’s a lot of people who have experience, [and] are really dedicated to the team,” junior Alec Sills said. “I ultimately am really excited for the production.”